Police seek 2 days’ time to decide on Anna’s fast
Delhi Police have sought two more days to take a decision on giving permission to Anna Hazare to organise his indefinite fast against lokpal bill.delhi Updated: Aug 08, 2011 23:51 IST
Delhi Police have sought two more days to take a decision on giving permission to Anna Hazare to organise
his indefinite fast against lokpal bill.
Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi, Prashant Bhushan and Manish Sisodia met Delhi Police commissioner BK Gupta to discuss the matter.
Sources said Gupta has asked for two more days to decide on the issue. Delhi Police had already made it clear that they will not allow them to hold protest at Jantar Mantar as the organisers want to hold indefinite protest. Anna team had suggested four venues — Boat Club, Rajghat, Ramlila Maidan and Shaheed Park near ITO other than Jantar Mantar.
While Anna team claimed that they had already intimated police that the proposed fast is going to be one-month-long and it is wrong to say that they did not define the time-limit.
Police had earlier suggested that if Anna Hazare wants to continue with his fast, he could choose an alternative site like Burari, on the outskirts of Delhi.
First Published: Aug 08, 2011 23:45 IST