Six including fire fighters injured in early morning fire in Walled City
Four persons, including two fire fighters, were injured in two separate incidents of fire on Saturday.delhi Updated: Jun 09, 2012 23:38 IST
Four persons, including two fire fighters, were injured in two separate incidents of fire on Saturday.
In first such incident, a major fire broke out following a cylinder blast in a residential building in Central Delhi's Chandni Chowk area. The police said the cylinder exploded on the first floor of a residential building in Nayi Sadak.
"The incident took place at 4.50am when the occupants of the house woke up to make tea. As they switched on the light, the LPG cylinder exploded, which led to the fire. Sixteen fire tenders were rushed to sot to douse the blaze," a fire department official said.
The police said that there was a leakage in the cylinder which triggered the blast. Two members of the family who were injured were immediately rushed to the hospital.
Two fire fighters also faced burn injuries in the incident. "Brahmjeet and Pappu Singh received burn injuries and were taken to the hospital. They are out of danger," the officer added.
In the second incident, 50 shops were gutted after a major fire broke out in Sadar Bazar area of Central Delhi on Saturday morning. The fire broke out at 4.55am. A guard at the area informed the fire department and 22 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"It took us over two hours to control the fire. No one was injured in the incident," a fire department official said. The reason behind the fire is not known yet but the fire department is suspecting short-circuit at one of the shops led to the fire.
Most of the shops which were gutted were godown containing plastic goods, leather belts, Chinese toys and thread rolls. The police said that they have vacated a nearby building as it got damaged in fire.
First Published: Jun 09, 2012 23:36 IST