Sodomised and throat slit, he survived attack by Delhi serial killer | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 17, 2018-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Sodomised and throat slit, he survived attack by Delhi serial killer

The seven-year-old was allegedly abducted, sodomised, drugged and left to die by Ravinder Kumar — the alleged serial killer who was nabbed by Delhi Police for the rape and murder of a six-year-old girl.

delhi Updated: Jul 20, 2015 10:49 IST
Shradha Chettri
Shradha Chettri
Hindustan Times
Delhi serial killer,Begumpur,Ravinder Kumar
The seven-year-old child with his mother at the Begumpur police station. (Virendra Singh Gosain/HT Photo)

Hari (name changed) is probably the only child who survived an attack by suspected serial killer Ravinder Kumar – the seven-year-old was allegedly abducted, sodomised, drugged and left for dead in a ditch in Delhi last year.

The boy looks perfectly normal as he strolls around, holding his mother’s hand. He seems to have left behind the trauma he went through a year ago, but his parents will never forget the horror of June 2, 2014.

With his throat slit, Hari lay in a ditch for nearly 24 hours but managed to cheat death.

Kumar, a 23-year-old slightly-built bus cleaner, was arrested last week on suspicion of killing a six-year-old girl. He told police he sexually abused the corpses of a dozen children he allegedly murdered over the past seven years.

The area where the six-year-old girl was allegedly raped and killed by Ravinder Kumar, lived in Jain colony, Begumpur. (Virendra Singh Gosain/HT Photo)

Hari was kidnapped from his home at Jain Nagar in Begumpur while he was sleeping next to his mother. As there was no electricity in the area and the weather was hot, the family had decided to sleep on cots in the open.

The boy’s mother believes her son was picked up between 1:30am and 2am.

“Hari and my daughter were sleeping next to me. I woke up sometime in the early hours of the morning to find that he was not in bed. I thought he must be inside and got up to check,” his mother said.

“I woke everyone up and we started searching for him in nearby areas. But Hari was nowhere to be found.”

It was almost 24 hours before the boy was found in an unconscious state in a ditch. The family and police combed the entire village but he was found barely a few hundred feet from his home.

“Two men picked me up forcibly when I was sleeping. When I woke up, I didn’t recognise the house I was in. Both the men (one of them being Kumar) hit me and touched my private parts,” said the boy, who doesn’t remember how he survived.

“I resisted but then they gave me something to eat and I do not remember what happened after that.”

The mother added: “After he came home he kept complaining of pain in his private parts. I later saw that they had tried to use force. There are many injury marks on his back.”

The boy’s family hails from Bihar but has been living in Jain Nagar for almost five years.

Kumar had been arrested by police in this case and was in jail for almost a year. When Hari could not identify him, he was released last month.

Quoting his confessional statement, police said Kumar’s behaviour matched the psychological condition known as necrophilia or a desire for sexual acts with corpses.

He apparently told police he lured children with candy, killed them if they resisted and had sex with the bodies. In all, he sexually assaulted 15 children between 2008 and 2015 in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, police said.

Read:Delhi serial killer murdered children, sexually abused corpses

First Published: Jul 20, 2015 10:05 IST