St Stephen’s to begin admission process from May 28
The prospectus and online admission form will be available from May 28. The aptitude test and interview for 10 undergraduate courses will be conducted between June 20 to July 9.DU admissions 2016 Updated: May 25, 2016 12:13 IST
St Stephen’s College will start the online application process for admission to its 10 undergraduate courses from May 28 even as Delhi University has asked it and Jesus and Mary to follow the centralised registration plan.
The prospectus and online admission form will be available from May 28. The aptitude test and interview for 10 undergraduate courses will be conducted between June 20 to July 9.
But it is not clear if the college will be part of the DU’s centralized online registration process.
Delhi University had recently written to St Stephen’s and Jesus and Mary –the two religious minority colleges who conduct a separate admission process--on the matter.
A meeting was conducted on Monday between university officials and principals of the two colleges. For the remaining 61 colleges, the admission process is centralised and is likely to begin on May 28.
“They can continue with their separate admission process but they need to become part of the centralized online registration process. They cannot admit students who have not registered in the centralized online process,” said RN Dubey, member, DU’s admission committee.
College officials were not available for a comment.
St. Stephen’s College had recently decided it will conduct a written test for admission to its undergraduate courses this year too, despite opposition from teachers.
The written test was introduced by former principal Valson Thampu in 2015. Students who met the cut-off had to sit for a test and interview for final selection.
The college allots 85% weightage for class 12 board results. The remaining 15% is divided between the test and the interview.
St. Stephen’s College offers 10 undergraduate courses — Bachelor of Arts in economics, history, philosophy, English, Sanskrit and pass course. Bachelor of Science is offered in mathematics, physics, chemistry and BSc pass.
Tentative schedule for aptitude test and interview:
Sanskrit: June 20
Economics: June 21, 22, 23
Physics: June 21, 22, 23
Chemistry: June 25, 27, 28
English: June 28, 29
History: June 29, 30, July 1
Mathematics: June 30, July 1, 2
BSc Programme: June 30, July 1, 2
Sports: July 4
BA Programme: July 5, 7, 8
Philosophy: July 9
First Published: May 23, 2016 21:52 IST