Students fall ill after eating hostel food
Seven students, including four girls, of a dance institute were taken ill, allegedly after eating food at their hostel on Wednesday night. HT reports.delhi Updated: Mar 15, 2013 00:44 IST
Seven students, including four girls, of a dance institute were taken ill, allegedly after eating food at their hostel on Wednesday night.
The students of the Kathak Kendra in GTB Nagar were admitted to the North Municipal Corporation-run Bara Hindu Rao hospital late in the night with symptoms of food poisoning.
"Seven students were brought to our hospital, out of whom six are stable. One of them is a little sick and needs to be kept under observation," said Dr R B Mittal, Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
Those who are stable will most likely be discharged on Friday morning.
All students are in the age group of 20-22 years.
"If one goes by the symptoms, the most likely reason is food poisoning due to the consumption of contaminated food. But it would take some time to ascertain the cause," Dr Mittal added.
A North Corporation official said that the hospital is providing good care to the students. "One of the student, a boy, is being treated in an ICU and his condition is stable," he said.
First Published: Mar 15, 2013 00:43 IST