15 new medical colleges to function soon, proposal for 14 more sent: UP CM Yogi Adityanath
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday said that the state government has sent the proposal for opening 14 new medical colleges to Centre while adding 15 new medical colleges are being constructed in the state.
“At present, we are building 15 new medical colleges in the state out of which admissions have already started in six colleges in Bahraich, Ayodhya, Basti, Firozabad, Badaun and Shahjahanpur. We have also sent the proposal for building 14 new medical colleges to the Central Government. Hardoi district will also get a medical college,” he said while addressing the MBBS students of newly constructed medical colleges in Bahraich.
Taking a dig at previous governments in the state, the Chief Minister said the magnitude of development that has taken place in the last three-four years is massive as compared to the development that took place from 1947 to 2016.
“We all know that from 1947 to 2016, Uttar Pradesh had just 12 medical colleges in which only 1,790 students could take admission. This year, 2,578 students will be admitted to the MBBS course in various state-run colleges. The new, better and transformed state and the country is in front of you,” he said.
Adityanath said that the credit must go to hardworking students for leading the nation on road to progress.
Speaking on the recent development in the health sector, the Chief Minister said that new AIIMS are coming up and also the number of doctors has increased.
“Earlier, several encephalitis cases were reported in the eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh. In 2017, we established coordination between departments, started campaigns and today there has been a tremendous drop in encephalitis cases,” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of Indian Economic Services/Indian Statistical Services written exam on its official website -upsc.gov.in. The written exam was held in October 2020
- Staff Selection Commision (SSC) on Friday released the final answer key of Convinced Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019 tier 1 exam on its official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) on Friday released the exam schedule for its class 10th and 12th board exams. The schedule has been uploaded on the official website-cgbse.nic.in.
- MU is one of many higher education institutes across the country which chose to conduct convocation ceremonies virtually this year.
- Parents from across the state have written to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) over issues pertaining to private schools in the state.
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), under ministry of coal has invited online applications for the recruitment against 372 vacancies for Fitter, Welder, Junior Staff Nurse and other posts.
- The online registration window for JEE Main 2021 is closing on Saturday, January 23. Candidates who have not yet registered for the exam can online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24.
- WB Police Recruitment 2021: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has invited online applications for recruitment against vacancies for the post of constable, lady constable, sub-inspector, lady SI and SI of Police (armed branch).