Bihar floods: DM Darbhanga orders all schools to remain closed
All schools in Bihar’s Darbhanga district have been ordered to remain closed till the next order owing to floods, District Magistrate (DM) Thiyagrajan SM said on Wednesday.
“All schools, both govt and private, to remain closed till the next order, in the light of the floods,” the order by Thiyagrajan read.
The Darbhanga district has been one of the worst affected by the floods in Bihar.
While residents of the Kakarghatti village had to set up temporary residences on NH-57 while many people across the district have been forced to leave their homes.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has pressed into service two helicopters to provide succour to flood-affected victims in Darbhanga, Sitamarhi and Madhubani districts of Bihar.
The helicopters stationed at Darbhanga were deployed by the IAF’s Central Air Command after a request was made by the Bihar government, an Air Force statement said.
Around 12 districts including Sheohar, Dharbangha, Sitamarhi, North Champaran, Madhubani, Araria, and Kishanganj have been severely affected due to floods in the state.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications for lateral recruitment of Joint Secretary and Director level officers (Group ‘A’) in different ministries/departments with headquarters at New Delhi.
- TNUSRB constable marks 2020: Candidates who have not cleared the TNUSRB constable recruitment examination can check their marks online at tnusrbonline.org.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu on Friday entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Army's Northern Command providing innovative solutions through exhaustive research and development in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021