Emerging HR Trends that will dominate the corporates in 2020
With the ever-expanding opportunities in the Digital world, companies have to evolve their HR practices to stay relevant. The majority of the workforce slowly dominated by the millennials, progression is quite visible in the diverse areas, and HR needs to embrace new trends in the near term.
Emerging HR trends that will surely dominate the corporates in 2020:
Implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The use of AI will surely govern the enterprises in 2020. The robotics technology is gradually and expeditiously establishing itself. It is a great help in recruiting procedure. However, robots cannot replace the human tenacity entirely but it is sure to add on to the abilities. Recruiters can be reliant on them. Additionally, this selection process is free from human error and bias the implementation of AI technique allows HR team to craft thorough job descriptions. AI powered software can also scrutinize job network and envisage success rates by checking the online presence of the candidate.
Rise of freelancing or on-demand hiring
Freelancing structure will dominate the HR industry in the near-term. Recruiting on hourly basis or project basis drops the cost for the employers and gives higher flexibility to employees. When the candidates are hired on a temporary or part-time basis, he/she is required to be compensated with a smaller amount as compared to a full-time employee. On-demand hiring also boosts the in-house talent acquisition of the company. Indeed, freelancing has generated an ecosystem for talent with temporary jobs focused on proficiency.
Use of chatbot
Chatbot is a software that conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods. It uses natural language processing and can initiate a human-like communication. Candidates can get their all FAQs answered through this tool. Implementation of chatbot in the HR industry ensures 24*7 availability and ‘on-demand’ availability.
HR analytics/performance analytics
HR analytics or performance analytics can help recruiters to improve employee engagement and retention. These run on machine learning algorithms and aid in gathering, organizing and analyzing the data related to HR. This guarantees an enhanced decision making for the organization. In the near-term, performance analytics will prove to be an effective tool for the HR industry.
The recruitment process can be turned into a gamified experience through this process. This would relieve the pressure from the HR department and let employees play a more vigorous part in talent acquisition. Gamification implements a digital ambience and help employees reach certain goals and objectives. This would offer them status or reward or bonus and help them in improving their skills. Overall, that would add to the expansion of the organization.
HR integration with the cloud and mobile-enabled HR solutions
Mobile enabled HR platforms have amplified employee engagement and reduced employee time to hire. Mobile recruitment can reach wider audience through online job postings and social media sharing. The candidates can easily apply to these postings and can apply to jobs anywhere in the world.
The HR industry experienced a drastic change because of the alignment of the workforce in 2019. 2019 has changed the way the HR industry used to deal with the teams both in terms of hiring the candidates and engaging them. Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning technologies have become new trends in the HR industry. HR industry expecting AI and cognitive technologies to mature further in the year 2020. The predictive analytics will be giving powerful insights around performance, hiring trends, attrition, etc. HR Industry see the need for talent in the startup sector with the startups increasingly becoming more successful alongside the disruption they bring to the market.”
(Author Yogita Tulsiani is MD and Co-founder, iXceed Solutions (Global Tech-Recruiter Provider). Views expressed here are personal.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Saturday released the IIFT-MBA (IB) admit card for the session 2021-23
- Bihar School Education Board will on Saturday declare the Simultala Awasiya Vidyalaya (SAV) class 6th prelims entrance exam result. Candidates who have appeared for the SAV class 6th prelims entrance exam on December 17 will be able to check their results online at secondary.biharboardonline.com
- UPPCL JE Recruitment: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL), department of energy, UP has released a recruitment notification for the post of junior trainee engineer (civil). There are a total of 21 vacancies.
- UPPSC Calendar 2021: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) on Friday released its UPPSC Calendar 2021 PDF on its official website at uppsc.up.nic.in.
- JEE Main 2021: The online application window for Joint Entrance (Main) Examination 2021 will close on Saturday, January 16. Aspirants who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply till 11:59 pm on Saturday at Jermain.nta.nic.in.
- Bihar Board inter Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Saturday released the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website.
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.