ICSE board makes Sanskrit, yoga and performing arts compulsory subjects
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education council (ICSE) has decided to introduce three compulsory subjects -- Sanskrit, yoga and performing arts. Yoga and performing arts will be compulsory between classes 1 and 8. Sanskrit will be taught in classes 5 to 8, council CEO Gerry Arathoon said in Kolkata.
In another important decision, Class 5 and 8 students of the ICSE will have to face board examinations from 2018, Arathoon said in Kolkata on Wednesday. However, there will be no pass-fail tags.
“It will be just a periodical evaluation exercise to have an idea on the progress of the students’ learning after a particular level,” the CEO said.
“In the Class 5 and 8 board examinations, the answer papers of the students of one school will be evaluated by teachers of another school, as it happens in case of the final class 10 level examination,’ he added.
The board will provide the questions for both the board examinations at Class 5 and Class 8.
All the ICSE-affiliated schools will have to follow uniform syllabus from nursery till class 10. So far, the schools had the freedom to decide the syllabi from nursery to Class 10.
“The new uniform syllabi will be effective from 2018,” Arathoon said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar government on Tuesday admitted in the state assembly that the enrolment of students in the government and government-aided schools had declined by 40 lakh in 2018-19 compared to 2014-15.
- The recruitment examinations include the West Bengal Civil Service exam, West Bengal Audit, and Accounts Service exam, and West Bengal Civil Service main exam 2020.
- AIIMS INI CET July 2021 Session: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the INI-CET 2021 examination online at aiimsexams.org on or before March 31, 2021, until 5 pm.
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has released the hall ticket or admit card for MPSC State Services Prelims exam 2020.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.
- PSTCL Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at pstcl.org on or before March 26, 2021.
- JKBOSE class 10 results 2020: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 board exams 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- BHU SET 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the BHU SET 2021 examination online at bhuonline.in on or before March 31, 2021.
- CBSE, ICSE and many other state boards have announced the dates for board examinations and students appearing in the exams must be a anxious lot by now.