JEE (Advanced) to be held tomorrow: Here are 10 last-minute tips to crack test
JEE Advanced, which ensures your entry to IITs, is on Sunday, May 21. Now is the time to work out all your strategies to ace the testUpdated: Jun 14, 2017 11:45 IST
JEE Advanced, which ensures your entry to IITs, the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, and the Indian Institute of Science, is on Sunday, May 21. This is the time when you stay focused on acing the test. Remember, a single error can cost you your precious seat in prestigious institutions like the IITs. Hence, plan your study schedule accordingly, revise well and practice more. With more than 2.2 lakh candidates now eligible for the competitive test, aspirants must pull up their socks to get a good score in the advanced paper.
The JEE Advanced exam consists of two objective type papers. Each paper includes questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics with two different sections in the first paper and three separate sections in the second paper. Three hours are allotted to each paper and every wrong answer will lead to negative marking. Here are 10 tips from Aakash Chaudhry, director of Aakash Educational Services Pvt. Ltd, which trains candidates for JEE and JEE (Advanced).
Last-minute tips for JEE Advanced
Between today and tomorrow, do a final revision of your NCERT textbooks for all the three subjects. Solve some mock papers to see how well prepared you are for the test. Ensure that you focus on conceptual clarity. A clear understanding of all the concepts and application skills are required to crack the paper with ease. Students should not burden themselves with multiple books.In the limited amount of time available, it may seem difficult to go through each and every chapter of all the three subjects. Therefore, go through all the key points you drafted during your revision.
On the day of the exam, refrain from any negative thoughts and keep your cool. Given below are a few D-Day examination tips to crack the exam with ease:
1) Stay positive and relaxed: A positive mindset and confidence can help you through the exams. Do not let any kind of stress or tensions affect you. Stay cool and attempt the paper.
2) Do not get stuck with one question: You could find a particular question complicated and take time to solve it. Do not panic and waste time on it. Move on to the next one and revisit it once you complete the paper.
3) Avoid wild guesses: In a competitive exam like JEE Advanced, it is highly risky to resort to guesswork as you stand a chance to lose marks.Remember, you don’t lose marks if you do not attempt a question.
4) Be wary of negative marking: JEE Advanced is usually perceived to be a tricky paper. Students should carefully mark their answers, as one wrong answer can mean they do not get to go to the college of their dreams.
5) Don’t be in a hurry to start: Don’t be in a hurry to start solving the paper once the question paper is handed over to you. It is advisable to skim through the question paper first and also read the instructions carefully.
6)Do not discuss the paper during break hours:This practice is strictly not advisable as it can increase your stress levels and divert your focus from the rest of the paper.
7) Do not jump to conclusions: Although time plays a crucial role in a competitive exam like JEE Advanced, don’t be in a hurry to mark the answer. Go through the question carefully as well as the options and then select your answer.
8) Have an exam strategy at place: Since you are best aware of your weak and strong segments, chart an exam strategy accordingly as there is no particular formula way to solve the JEE Advanced question paper.
9) Eat healthy before the exam: It is advisable to consume healthy food before the exam. Avoid oily food and keep yourself hydrated.
10) Reach the exam venue early: Make it a point to reach the centre well before time to avoid any kind of problems. Double check if you have carried your hall ticket and other exam essentials. Every year there are certain changes that happen in marking scheme so read the question paper & OMR Instruction carefully before you start answering the questions.
First Published: May 19, 2017 14:05 IST