UPSC civil services 2019: Last date to register today, check step by step guide to fill form online
UPSC Civil Service 2019: Last date to register is very close. March 18 is the last date to apply for 896 posts of IAS, IPS, IFS. Here are the simple steps to apply online.Updated: Mar 18, 2019 19:32 IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPSC civil services exam 2019: If you have not applied for the UPSC civil services examination yet, hurry up. Last date to apply online for the exam is very close. March 18 is the last date to apply for the post.
The online registration of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had begun from February 19, 2019. A total of 896 vacancies have been announced in the official notification including 39 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
Before you apply for the examination, it is important to know the details of vacancies, eligibility and other important details.
Age Limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2019 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply. University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
UPSC Recruitment Process:
The UPSC recruitment consists of a three-level exam including prelims, main and interview. Candidates have to qualify all three levels.
UPSC Important Date:
The civil services examination (CSE) 2019 preliminary level will be conducted on June 2, 2019. . The main examination for UPSC civil services exam will be conducted on September 20 which will be held for five days. The main examination for UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) will be conducted on December 1, 2019. The IFS main exam will be conducted for 10 days.
UPSC Exam Pattern:
The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II). The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type. The marks in prelims will not be counted for final ranking, but just for qualification for the main exam.
The main exam has 1750 marks while interview has 275 marks. The final selection would be based on Merit score of main and interview round combined.
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
How to apply for UPSC prelims 2019
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the “Online Application Form” given in Appendix-II.
Candidates interested for UPSC IAS/ IPS/ IFS can apply for the examination online. The application forms has been uploaded online at the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES 2019
1. Visit the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in
2. Select the ‘Recruitment’ tab on the homepage
3. From the drop-down list, select ORA - Online Recruitment Application
4. A new page will open
5. Click on the ‘New Registration’ if you are a new user. OR click on the ‘Already Registered’ if you have an ID already.
6. If you are a new user, a form will appear
7. Fill in the required details including- name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, community, date of birth, place of birth, Adhar number, mobile number, email ID etc
8. Chose a password that you can remember or it is better to note it down. You will need the ID password to login in future to download your admit card etc.
9. Click ‘Save and Next’
10. In the next page, you will get another form to select your subject, fill your marks obtained in graduation, name of your college etc. You should carefully the subject for which you will take the exam for.
11. Click ‘Save and next’
12. In the next page, you will have to upload your photograph and a snap of your signature.
13. You will have to resize the photos into the required size which is around 5 -25 KB.
14. To resize your phot you will have to search ‘Resize photo’ on Google. You will get various websites that resizes your photo in less than a minute for free.
15.You will have to upload your photos on that portal and chose the desired size and click OK.
You will get the resized pictures. Download and upload it on the UPSC portal.
16. After uploading the photos/sign, click submit.
17. You will get an Acknowledgement number on your registered mobile number and email ID. Save it
18.Also download the preview of your form and take its print out for future reference.
FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES:
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs
First Published: Mar 17, 2019 13:28 IST