All you wanted to know about Bugatti Veyron
entertainment Updated: Oct 28, 2010 17:10 IST
* At Rs 16 crore ex-showroom in Delhi, Veyron is by far the most expensive car in the world. With a top speed of 407 kmph, it is also the fastest, bettered only by the another Veryon variant Super Sport that holds the record at 431 kmph.
* It is powered by a massive 8 litre engine, almost 13 times the size of Nano's, but belts out 1001 horse power, over 28 times of Nano.
* Against a normal car's 4 cylinder 16 valve configuration, Veyron has 16 cylinders and 64 valves alongwith 4 turbo chargers. It also has 12 radiators.
* The car's 100 litre fuel tank gives it a range of 350-500 kilometers. If driven at over 400 kmph, it will run out of fuel in 12 minutes covering around 80 kilometers.
* It goes from stand still to 100 kmph in 2.5 seconds and to 200 kmph in around 7 seconds. It takes 55 seconds to go from 0 to 400 kmph but only 10 seconds to go back to 0.
* There is no way anybody can drive the Veyron at 400 kmph on functional roads. It will require 7 kilometers of straight unobstructed stretch for the car to do that. A special key also needs to be switched on for the car to cross that speed.
* For a car that can go this fast, the company claims there has been not one accident around the world since 2005 when it started production.
* Veyron's Super Sport World Record Edition which has done the record speed of 431 kmph is owned by only 1 Indian around the world based out of UK. The company however, does not divulge details of its customers.
* Only 150 cars of the Grand Sport launched on Thursday, would be made worldwide and there have been 35 orders for it around the world so far. The company does not increase its production deliberately as it wants to retain the car's exclusivity.
* Despite the high price, exclusivity and brag value, Bugatti is a loss making entity for Volkswagen Group. Though it makes money on a per car basis, its investments far outnumber it.
First Published: Oct 28, 2010 17:01 IST