I saw Hema Malini films for '70s look: Deepika
Thrilled with the rave reviews for her performance in Om Shanti Om, Deepika Padukone says she prepared for the '70s era character by watching films starring Hema Malini and Helen.
"I watched a lot of films starring Hema Malini and Helen, for instance Jewel Thief and Seeta Aur Geeta, to notice how they were made.
"In the films of that time, everything was over the top - the emotions were exaggerated though I enjoy the originality of the '70s era films. The actors were more graceful and their body language was completely different from today's actors," Deepika told IANS.
"I don't count myself as a big star yet, there is a long way for me to go. I think my father handled success very well and it is in my genes to be humble," the daughter of ace badminton player Prakash Padukone said.
The actress was here Friday to celebrate the success of Shopper's Stop-OSO line, inspired by the movie at its store in Rajouri Garden in west Delhi.
"Honestly, when we were shooting for the film I had never thought that it would be a huge hit. I just gave my 100 percent to it.
"Also, when you are working for a film you feel you have given it your best. However, when you later see your work you find so many things that need improvement. I think it is just the start," said a candid Deepika.
The newcomer is all praise for director Farah Khan for helping her to get accustomed to the camera.
"Farah planned it in such a way that I had to shoot scenes with small dialogues on the first day and gradually moved on to bigger scenes with longer dialogues. It helped me in performing well to a great extent.
"The '60s-'70s fashion is in vogue again. I am completely bowled over by Farah, who dared to use that look in her film. She has portrayed it so well."
However, the model-turned actress agrees that fashion is completely different in Bollywood and on the ramp.
"There is a lot of difference between fashion on the ramp and that portrayed in films. Though it was a little weird to wear such clothes on screen, but Manish (Malhotra) helped me get the confidence, as we couldn't afford to go wrong with the looks."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor got a congratulatory message from an unexpected quarter when South star Samantha Akkkineni showered love on Kareena's first picture with her second son.
- BTS member Suga celebrated his birthday on Tuesday. On the occasion, the rapper hosted a VLive session and interacted with fans. During the chat, Jungkook gatecrashed and sang "Happy Birthday" for him.
- Karan Johar wished everyone on International Women's Day with a cute picture of daughter Roohi and him. See it here.
- The upcoming Justice League cut was accidentally leaked on the streaming platform HBO Max when subscribers tried to watch the Tom & Jerry movie.
- After celebrating her sister's birthday, Khushi Kapoor took a flight out of India to visit her close friend Aaliyah Kashyap. The latter shared glimpses of Khushi's visit.
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.