Karan Johar calls Priyanka spineless, lame?
Reportedly in response to an article in Tuesday's Mumbai Mirror that has actor Priyanka Chopra's unnamed friends defending her position in the alleged affair with Shah Rukh Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar lashed out at her on Twitter. "Using their hired PR machinery and hiding behind so called "friends" to get news into tabloids is nothing but spineless and lame!!!
"Some people need to wake up and smell the KOFFEE!!! Get a reality check before its too late!!! Grow up!!! and dont mess with goodness....," he further added.
Priyanka Chopra's close friend had disclosed to the tabloid that a powerful producer-director who can make or break careers, has not been kind to Priyanka behind her back.
“At a recent party while he was feeding her cupcakes, she heard rumours of him bitching her out-all this is very hurtful,” a close associate of the actress told the tabloid.
The associate-cum-friend believes that a powerful clique of star wives is behind anti-Priyanka stories. “Priyanka has done nothing wrong. If these women are insecure about their relationships with their husbands, they should sort it out with them, at home. Why should they attack her?” Priyanka's close friend had told the tabloid.
Recent Twitter wars:
AYESHA TAKIA VS SIDDHARTH MALLYA
Actor Ayesha Takia has expressed her strong-worded displeasure over alleged misdemeanor on part of the ground staff of Kingfisher Airlines with her younger sister Natasha at Delhi airport.
"The worst airline, Kingfisher!!!shockingly baddddddddddd airport staff behavior at Delhi airport with my sister. We are going to take serious action against this and go to court with it, let the law handle it, so that this does not happen to any girl again (sic)," the fuming actress had tweeted.
"Is this how a girl alone at an airport gets treated by the staff of the airline she is flying. She is unwell and has a horrible backache, can't believe this happened to her right now. My heart is beating so fast with anger that a girl at an airport gets treated this way by airport staff! He is at the kingfisher counter (sic)," she said.
Responding to Ayesha's tweet, Sidhartha Mallya, son of Chairman of Kingfisher Airlines Vijay Mallya raised doubts over the actor's claim.
"Been getting tweets about Ayesha Takia & KFA. Not too sure who she is, an actor of some sorts?? But it seems something has upset her," Sidhartha Mallya tweeted.
"Don't know why Ayesha Takia is tweeting so much when she wasn't even present. There are always two sides to a story. Pipe down love," he said.
Fuming Ayesha Takia attacked Siddharth Mallya back. "Well any indian citizen can stand up for their rites if treated badly, and I don't have to be anyone u know sidharth mallya!!!!!!!!!!!!" (sic) She tweeted.
FAKE CHITRANGADA SINGH VS POONAM PANDEY
Chitrangada supposedly made a nasty comment about model Poonam Pandey through her purported Twitter account, which reads: “How do you compete with Poonam Pandey, when she is ready strip for kabbadi matches?” and “India won Kabaddi world cup, time for Poonam show (sic).”
Poonam Pandey reacted – though indirectly saying, “Jealousy: That’s what makes a b***h talk (sic),” she tweeted, and “There is this actress she had 700 followers since many months started using my name now has 1,300 plus in a day... hahaha how cheap any one can be arrey yaar itna bhi “Garib” mat bano (sic).”
Chitrangada Singh later claimed that she doesn’t have a Twitter account at all – that the account in her name was set up by someone else.
TASLIMA NASREEN VS POONAM PANDEY
Controversial writer Taslima Nasreen reacted strongly to Poonam Pandey's 'attitude is like underwear' tweet saying, “Poonam Pandey got naked but not satisfied. She wanna do dirtiest things none did before. Wants to get f****d in public!(sic)”
Poonam Pandey had tweeted, “Attitude is like your underwear; you must wear it, but never show it.(sic)”
Taslima also wrote “My protest agnst d objectification is 4 women`s dignity,not 4 publicity. My criticism ws agnst d video u endorsed.(sic).”
Poonam Pandey then tweeted, "Fuck what people say... Do YOU. Some people will hate you for it, but it's the ones that love you for it that are more important."
SHAHID KAPOOR VS TARAN ADARSH
When film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted about Mausam's declining business, the actor retorted back saying, "So all those trying so hard to screw mausam can go screw themselves .. Waise bhi aajkal kuchh logon ke adarsh buri tarha gir chuke hain."
Taran had tweeted: "Shahid's biggest opener, but also Shahid's biggest release in terms of print count & screens. Hence, numbers are below the mark. The business trends indicate a decline on weekdays."
Taran responded saying, "Abusing and maligning me on a public platform won't help. Instead, get a reality check and introspect the shortcomings of the film. Was in a muvie when I read it. Was shocked that he used such words on a public platform."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Netflix India on Wednesday announced its slate of content for 2021, which includes the second season of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the new Abbas-Mustan film, new projects from Karan Johar, Mani Ratnam and others.
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba Ali Khan recently posted old family pictures of the Kapoors and the Pataudis. See little Kareena and Saif here.
- Varun Dhawan shared a funny clip just before boarding an aircraft where he channeled his inner werewolf. Watch the video here.
- Twinkle Khanna has shared a glimpse of how things get difficult for her at home as schools continue to remain shut.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter, Navya Naveli Nanda, on Wednesday reacted to a question posed to a rape accused by a Supreme Court bench.
- Nick Jonas revealed he began the making of his upcoming album Spaceman when his wife and actor Priyanka Chopra was filming for The Matrix 4 in Germany.
- Kajol wished sister Tanishaa Mukerji as she turns a year older. She also shared some never-seen-before throwback pictures.
- Shah Rukh Khan's child co-star from Kal Ho Naa Ho, Jhanak Shukla, spoke in a video about why and how she 'lost the track' in her acting career, and how she is 'not earning anything' right now.
- Janhvi Kapoor is back with her second dance number, titled Nadiyon Paar, from the film Roohi. It is a remixed version of hit Shamur song Let The Music Play.
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.