Katy Perry shops with Priyanka Chopra
On Monday, we reported that Priyanka Chopra would be “spending quality time” with international pop star Katy Perry, who performed at the opening ceremony of the Indian Premier League (IPL), on April 3. And now, the latest news is that Katy and PC not only met — apparently for a two-hour lunch at Beyond Indus at the Taj Coromandel in Chennai — but they also went shopping at a local market."Katy wanted to buy some ethnic stuff and she mentioned that to Priyanka when they met. So PC decided to take her shopping. Since Katy is known for her unconventional fashion style, she returned with loads of ethnic Indian jewellery like armlets, trinklets and earrings," says a member of PC’s entourage.
PC had met Katy a day after their IPL performance. "Not many people know that both PC and Katy are represented by the international talent management company, CAA. Plus, they both bonded over music. They were overheard talking about PC’s upcoming international album too," adds the member, on the condition of anonymity. Apparently, the two also did an exclusive photo shoot together for a magazine.
When contacted, Priyanka, who is busy shooting for Krrish 3 in Hyderabad, was unavailable for comment. But her spokesperson confirmed that she went on a splurging spree with Katy, saying, “Yes, they went out shopping and had a great time together.”
Interestingly, when Katy was on her way back to the hotel, Priyanka sprung a bit of a surprise on her, when she hailed an auto and jumped into the driver’s seat.
The actor then took the singer, who first wore a horrified-look on her face, for a short, fun ride around the hotel’s porch.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.