Salman Khan comes to Katrina Kaif's rescue
Who do you call during a crisis? Most likely, the people you’re closest to. So, on Thursday, when a bit of chaos broke out on the sets of Katrina Kaif’s film — involving a renowned international make-up artiste working with her — she called her alleged ex, Salman Khan.
Katrina was shooting for the upcoming film, Bang Bang (also starring Hrithik Roshan) at Filmcity, Goregaon, when members of a local body, Cine Costume & Make-up Artists Association, landed up on the sets to protest the involvement of make-up artiste Daniel Bauer. “They arrived around 2 pm, and kept protesting till 5 pm,” says a source from the set.
Bauer has worked with Katrina, among other actors, in the past, for magazine and ad shoots. However, the association’s protest was regarding him working in a film.
Also read: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif to reunite?
When contacted, Stanley D’Souza, the association’s secretary, confirms the news and says, “Our team went on the sets… Only registered members are allowed to work in films [in Mumbai]. Katrina had no idea about this, so she agreed to use a registered member till he [Daniel] gets registered (sic).”
Apparently, Katrina came to Daniel’s defence, since it was she who had “insisted on working with him,” the source adds.
Then, apparently, “she called Salman and explained the situation. Soon after, someone from Salman’s team called the association to resolve the matter, and let them resume shooting,” the source adds. While Katrina remained unavailable for a comment, the film’s director, Siddharth Anand, answered our call, but refused to comment on the incident. Daniel, on being contacted, said that he’s registered with another association, and added, “As an OCI (overseas citizenship of India) cardholder, I’ve worked in India for many years.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Vijay Deverakonda is touched by the overwhelming love from his fans after the release of the Liger poster. The film, directed by Puri Jagannadh, marks his pan-Indian debut.
- The Tandav team is having further dialogue with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting over the complaints that have been filed against the show, creator Ali Abbas Zafar has said.
- Deepika Padukone said that because of the upbringing she got, she believes in taking care of her home herself, instead of outsourcing duties to her staff.
- Kamal Haasan's leg surgery on Tuesday morning was successful, a statement shared by his daughters Shruti and Akshara revealed. He will be discharged from the hospital in a few days.
- Rakhi Sawant said that she misses having a man in her life after her break-up with ex-boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi. She added that she has frozen her eggs and wants Abhinav Shukla to be the sperm donor.