Naina Singh: One cannot hide their real persona on screen
Hailing from Moradabad, reality TV star Naina Singh feels it’s tougher to be yourself on screen instead of playing a reel-life character. “Portraying someone else is easy as you have a bound script and you know what you have to do. But, on reality shows it’s just you in front of the camera. How much ever you try, one cannot hide his or her real persona on screen,” said the actor.
Known for her stints in number of reality shows, Naina says she is ready to be on silver screen as her upcoming projects are set to kick-start for shoot from next week. “For me work is priority. When I was studying in a Nainital, I never had a slightest idea what I’ll be doing after college. But, modelling happened and I landed in Mumbai. I got an offer for a reality show and went on to win ‘Splitsvilla-10.’ That was a turning point for me. Music videos followed along with a daily soap ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and then I gave a nod for ‘Bigg Boss-14’,” she said.
Talking about her short stint in BB, Naina tells, “It is a very different game show and I realised this when I entered its premises. I just can’t unnecessarily pick a fight with people nor do I have multiple personality that can fit anywhere. Still, I tried to give my best shot. I’m glad to have exited the show on right time as soon I signed a couple of projects that will start soon.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Monday. He was asked by photographers about his good looks for which he had a classy reply.
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.