Dear men, these are the only tips you’ll need to dress right for work
Shirts are the focal point of a casual business look. Ensure they fit wellfashion and trends Updated: Jul 18, 2017 13:53 IST
Smart dressing not only boosts confidence but also helps keep your look sharp and appropriate for work. From blending white and black to going for neutral or classic colour scheme, small tweaks can make you look different and classy at work.
Here are some useful tips from Tabby Bhatia, director, Voganow.com, Saggar Mehra, creative director of brand Sunil Mehra and Salesh Grover, business head, OSL Luxury.
* In order to keep things conservative, opt for patterns with a neutral or classic color scheme. Mix different textures of shirts with well-tailored pants. Shirts are the focal point of business casual looks, so ensure they fit well.
* The work jacket’s main function is in its practicality; and it can definitely add an interesting twist to your attire.
* Blending white or black round neck t-shirts with window checked coat is also an interesting way to complete the look. Put on a pair of tassel loafers or suede shoes and you’re good to go.
* A club printed shirt with a slim lapel jacket and a sleek tie looks sharp and trendy. It is the ultimate combination that will make sure you are taken seriously.
* Checkered or pinstriped trousers with solid shirts are also make for a great pick, In order to make solid shirts interesting, add details like printed inside collar band, contrasting coloured button placket or a double cuff with quirky cufflinks.
* If you end up travelling a lot, opt for a basket weaved office laptop bag in shades of tan or dark brown.
* Leather shoes are considered to be an undeniable part of a man’s wardrobe. Brogues -- a must-have shoe style -- popped up in early 1900s in Ireland. Brogues in tones of tans, black, olives and grey are absolute timeless add on to a man’s wardrobe this season.
* Also, a pair of double monk strap shoes handcrafted and hand painted in genuine leather gives a flawless styling appeal. Perfect for office and formal occasions, these pairs can be worn with chinos and crisp shirts. Break the monotony of laces and go for a monk strap style.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jul 18, 2017 13:52 IST