Mohenjo Daro star Pooja Hegde gives us a sneak peek into her wardrobe
The actor hangs on to a 36-year-old pair of pyjamas passed down from her mother. And she wants to burn transparent bra straps
It’s a full house at Pooja Hegde’s Bandra residence. However, the 25-year-old Mohenjo Daro (2016) actor is nowhere to be seen. She is at an event, we are told. We are in the company of her parents, uncle and cousins. After a 40-minute wait, the young actor arrives in a heavy, floor-length gown. She changes into a more manageable dress for our shoot, and is excited to show us her cupboard full of shoes, a large collection of accessories, especially rings, and so on.
Wardrobe staple: “Plain white and black T-shirts, and denim bottoms. My wardrobe also has a lot of shawls because I always feel cold.”
A big no: “Actually, there are two: I absolutely detest transparent bra straps. They should all be burnt. You can see them, so they’re not transparent at all. You might as well add some colour to them. A close second is the fishnet stocking. You will never find either in my wardrobe.”
Good old pyjama: “People have pearls and diamonds for family heirlooms. I have my maternal uncle’s tracksuit. He passed away young. After his death, my mother wore it. And now, I spend most of my hours at home in it. It’s is tattered, but it’s the most comfortable piece of clothing in my wardrobe. It’s 36 years old.”
Read more: Behind closet doors: Emraan Hashmi
Brand value: “I am not loyal to any particular brand. I shop from everywhere. I also love shopping online from Asos.com. For Indian wear, I prefer Sabyasachi, Anamika Khanna and Gaurav Gupta. For casuals, I generally go to H&M and Forever 21. My latest buy and new favourite is an H&M top that reads “A Property of No One”. I am not much of a street shopper, but enjoy picking up accessories from Colaba Causeway, Mumbai.”
Travel companion: “Three years back, I spent a bomb: Rs 25,000 on a Marks & Spencer leather jacket. I always carry it with me when I am travelling.”
Sentimental value: “I am an ardent Roger Federer fan. Six years ago, I bought an original Nike Roger Federer cap. I am so possessive about it, I don’t let anybody else wear it.”
Sole searching: “I love Sex and the City, and I have always aspired for a Carrie Bradshaw-esque closet. I may not own 100 pairs of shoes, and I may not have Manolo Blahniks, but I will get there someday. I do have a few Pradas, though. My shoe closet now has around 38 pairs — sneakers, heels, flip-flops.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.
- For her recent outing in Dubai, Nora Fatehi opted to wear a stunning black velvet full-sleeved dress that also featured a thigh-high slit. The actor's gown is the epitome of modern luxury.
- From nerdy minimalist look to contemporary chic, The Girl on The Train actor Kirti Kulhari serves a slew of fashionable styles that are a must-have for this year's Spring-Summer wardrobe
- The fashionista and fitness freak Sara Ali Khan has been sharing some picturesque views from the Maldives and serving us with bookmark-worthy holiday fashion. Her latest pictures in a sustainable monokini are no different.
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired