Don’t let your skin go dry and lifeless in winter. Here’s the beauty regime to follow
Experts give tips on cleansing, moisturising and exfoliation of skin to ensure you have a healthy glow and delay skin ageing.fitness Updated: Dec 23, 2017 09:48 IST
A healthy beauty regime is a must for your skin. Do not forget to scrub your face and moisturise without fail, suggest experts. Shikhee Agrawal, head-training at The Body Shop, and Sonia Mathur, head-training at Divine Organics have listed a step-by-step regime:
* Discover your skin: Get a skin consultation to know your skin as the skincare regime can vary based on your skin.
* Cleanse: The most basic step is to keep your skin clean. Wash your face with lukewarm water. A hot water shower or face wash leads to dryness and dehydration, while a splash of cold water leaves you frozen. Cleaning your face with rose water helps in waking up your skin after sleep.
* Exfoliate: Our skin is enveloped by smog, pollution and dirt. Hence, it is necessary to exfoliate atleast twice a week. Papaya, orange( extracts of vitamin C), rose petals, Chinese ginseng and acai are strong exfoliaters. The latest in exfoliation are facial peels which act as powerful exfoliators and dissolve inactive proteins and dead skin cells. The regime is excellent due to its healing and protecting properties and reduces the damage caused by UV rays and environmental pollution.
* Mask your face: After cleaning and scrubbing, once your skin is free from dead dry cells, you need to lock the open pores after scrubbing with face masks made from natural ingredients such as charcoal, vitamin E and C, blue corn, honey and oats, seaweed, tea tree and aloe vera infused with rosehip oil and rose petals. These face masks exfoliate and invigorate your skin.
* Moisturise and nourish: Take a spread of vitamin E, seaweed and vitamin C enriched moisturiser to activate the skin cells with a replenishing skin and glow.
* We tend to neglect drinking water in winter .Hydrate your skin by drinking 8-10 glasses of water.
* Defend and protect your skin: Smear a layer of sunscreen with SPF and UVA filters to protect your skin from premature ageing, dryness and dullness.
* Avoid touching your skin every second. No matter how itchy your skin feels, wipe your face with a gentle soft wipe or cloth. Touching leads to bacteria build-up.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more