Malaika Arora teaches fitness enthusiasts about Yoga pose for stronger, tighter and sculpted abs
Another week, another fitness challenge by Bollywood diva Malaika Arora as fans get ready to burn all that unwanted body fat this festive season. Teaching fitness enthusiasts about a Yoga pose for stronger, tighter and sculpted abs, Malaika encouraged fans to stretch and sweat with Parivrtta Parsvakonasana.
Taking to her Instagram handle, Malaika shared the nitty-gritties of the asana. Donning a royal blue sports bra teamed with a pair of similar coloured Yoga pants, Malaika was seen nailing the exercise herself.
Pulling back her sleek hair in a high braid hairstyle so that it does not messes with her intense workout session, Malaika quipped in the caption, “Hello Everyone! Time to stretch, sweat and bring on the new week with a bright smile :) (sic).”
She added, “#MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek is Parivrtta Parsvakonasana It is an excellent yoga pose for stronger, tighter and sculpted abs (sic).”
Start with downward facing dog pose of Yoga with feet grounded and palms placed firmly on the floor. Inhale and bring your right foot forward between both your palms.
Keep the back of your left leg straight and tuck in your toe in while lifting up the heel. Exhale, push your pelvic down and take your right thigh parallel to the ground.
Inhale, lift up your right hand with fingers pointing towards the ceiling. Make sure that both your shoulders are aligned. Gaze up towards your outstretched fingers and hold onto the pose for 10 to 15 seconds before releasing the posture.
Parivrtta Parsvakonasana or revolved side angle pose of Yoga rejuvenates the entire spine, stretches the hamstrings and makes them more flexible and also tones the thighs, calves and ankles apart from making the back muscles stronger and suppler. Some other added benefits of this asana include increasing the concentration and balance and releasing toxins in our body through deep twisting which helps to unknot ourselves from life’s daily twists and turns.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Watch: Karishma Tanna packs impressive punches during kickboxing workout at gym on Monday. This fitness exercise is great for those looking to whip into shape in no time
- Looking for exercises that could help you row out of stress and other body issues? Search no further as Shilpa Shetty Kundra shows us how to do it by taking us through the step-by-step process of nailing Yoga’s Naukasana or boat pose in this fitness video | Benefits inside
- Tisca Chopra’s fitness goals for 2021 include working on her core strength. As she gives a glimpse of her workout on a pilates reformer, we list out its health benefits which will surely push you to give it a try too
- Monday motivation: Mandira Bedi’s latest fitness video of nailing headstand and handstand with 50 mins of wind sprints done off the camera, is all the workout inspiration we need to get our week rolling. Read benefits of these exercises inside
- Ananya Panday loves an intense morning Yoga session. The actor has lately been sharing a lot of aerial Yoga posts on social media and blowing our minds away.
- From sharing the best fitness advice she has ever received, to her goals for 2021, favourite way to workout and more, Jacqueline Fernandez reveals some health and wellness tips in this viral video