How to livestream today's Apple Watch event
In less than 12 hours, we'll know everything there is to know about the Apple Watch -- how much will the higher-end models cost, where will it be available, and most importantly, how soon can we get our hands on it.Updated: Mar 09, 2015 14:15 IST
In less than 12 hours, we'll know everything there is to know about the Apple Watch -- how much will the higher-end models cost, where will it be available, and most importantly, how soon can we get our hands on it.
The event starts at 10:30 PM Indian time tonight and Apple will be livestreaming it for everyone to watch. You can add it to your calendar if you need a reminder.
Head here to watch it live: http://www.apple.com/live
Before you fire up that stream, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you don't have Apple hardware -- a Macbook, an iMac, an iPhone, an iPod Touch or an Apple TV -- you're out of luck. Apple will only let you watch its livestream on these devices. Windows and Android users are out of luck. It sucks, but that's how it is, unfortunately.
- If you do happen to own any of the said Apple devices, make sure you're running at least OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on your Macbook and iMac and at least iOS 6 with Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. We recommend being on OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, the latest versions of Apple's operating systems for its desktop and mobile devices for the best experience.
- Make sure your internet connection is fast enough. Apple's livestream will automatically adjust its quality depending on your internet speed but for the full, high-deifnition experience, we'd recommend at least a 4 MBPS or more.
- Keep an eye on your data cap. Most Indian internet service providers limit the amount of data your can use each month. Download too many movies or stream too much video and you'll run out of data faster than you can say "Airtel." Apple's stream tonight will probably run anywhere between 90 minutes to 2 hours. Its September event, which ran for almost 2 hours, gobbled nearly 3 GB of data on our 4 MBPS connection last year.
- Don't have an Apple device or a fast internet connection to watch Apple's live stream tonight? Don't worry -- simply follow our liveblog starting at 10 PM tonight right here on hindustantimes.com
First Published: Mar 09, 2015 13:12 IST