iPhone 6 bursts in man's pocket, causes second-degree burns
Apple iPhone 6 is back in controversies as US resident, Phillip Lechter, claimed that his iPhone burst in his pocket which caused second-degree burns.gadgets Updated: Oct 21, 2014 14:51 IST
Apple iPhone 6 is back in controversies as US resident, Phillip Lechter, claimed that his iPhone burst in his pocket which caused second-degree burns.
According to the Daily Star, Lechter's iPhone 6 burst into flames after an accident in a rickshaw. He was travelling in the vehicle with his wife and young son when the horrifying crash happened.
Luckily, no one was badly injured as the rickshaw toppled over, but Mr Lechter was thrown from the vehicle and almost immediately he says he felt something burn his body. He later revealed that he felt a burning sensation on his leg and then saw and smelled smoke from his pants.
Meanwhile, a passer-by apparently came to the rescue by throwing ice over the burning device. Lechter needed medical treatment for burns to his leg and has said that this was a surreal experience, and if it hadn't happened to him, he himself wouldn't believe it.
First Published: Oct 21, 2014 14:48 IST