Two technicians were killed while another man was injured on Wednesday afternoon after an air-conditioner they were servicing in Sare Homes, a condominium in Gurugram’s Sector 92, exploded.Police said the technicians, one of whom was registered with UrbanClap — an online service provider, were refilling the gas in the AC and conducting routine servicing when the accident took place. The deceased have been identified as Ravi, 30 and his nephew, Mahesh, 25, both of Rajasthan. Ravi was registered with UrbanClap. The tenant of the house, who had contacted UrbanClap with a low-cooling complaint, was identified as Vasu, a resident of tower D in the condominium. Vasu sustained splinter injuries to his face and arms due to the explosion and was admitted to a private hospital in IMT Manesar, where his condition was stated to be stable. According to the police, one of the AC technicians died on the spot while the other was declared dead on arrival at a private clinic. According to the police, the incident took place around 3.30pm on the third floor of Tower D of Sare Homes, while the technicians were repairing the compressor and refilling its gas. The tenant, Vasu, was standing in the room watching them. “A preliminary probe suggests that the compressor burst and caused a blast. The blast did not trigger a fire, but the victims were thrown by the impact of the explosion and sustained severe injuries,” said Sanjay Kumar, station house officer (SHO), sector 10 A police station. Police said no case had been registered against the servicing company since Vasu’s statement was yet to be recorded.Kumar said, the tenant, Vasu, works with a private company and was alone at the house at the time of the incident. His wife and children were not at home at the time of the incident. Praveen Malik, president, resident welfare association (RWA), Sare Homes, said that according to people who lived in the same tower, a loud explosion was heard and they rushed to check its source. “When he reached vasu’s flat, we found the victims and rushed them to a private hospital. They were severely injured. The impact of the explosion was such that the furniture in the room was scattered and a grill had come off,” said Malik. Ashwani, who lives in a neighbouring tower said that he heard the blast and rushed to the spot, where he saw one person lying on the ground and another person bleeding from the severe injuries sustained in his stomach. “We are deeply saddened by a recent incident that led to the demise of an AC technician registered with the company and his associate. This is a huge loss. We are with the families of the victim and are committed to support them in this difficult time,” an authorised representative from UrbanClap said.