Boiler catches fire at automobile unit in Manesar, no one injured
A boiler at an automobile manufacturing unit in Sector 3, Manesar, caught fire on Thursday morning. Fire fighters managed to douse the fire in time and no one was injured.gurgaon Updated: Jun 01, 2018 10:12 IST
A fire broke out at an automobile manufacturing unit in Sector 3 Manesar on Thursday morning. However, a tragedy was averted as fire fighters managed to douse the flames in the boiler on time.
No injury was reported in the incident.
According to the fire department, they received a call about the fire at the automobile plant of NHK Spring India Pvt Ltd around 11.52am. A fire tender each was rushed to the spot from IMT Manesar fire brigade, Maruti Suzuki plant and the Sector 29 fire station.
“The boiler had an oil tank inside, which caught fire. It’s linings helped contain the fire and kept it intact. We reached the spot within minutes and were able to douse the flames,” Surender Singh, the lead fireman of IMT Manesar fire brigade, said.
Only the tender from the IMT, Manesar fire brigade was pressed into service, while the ones from the Maruti plant and Sector 29 fire station were kept on stand-by. It took the fire fighters less than 10 minutes to douse the flames.
Officials from the fire department said they suspect overheating of the boiler as the cause of the fire. They said not a single staff at the plant was in the vicinity when they arrived. However, they added that the company had obtained a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the fire department and was complying with fire safety regulations.
An official from the automobile company confirmed that no staff was present inside the warehouse when the boiler caught fire and a few who were around at the unit were immediately evacuated. The company, however, did not put out any official statement on the incident.
The city has seen several fire incidents in the recent past.
A single-storey air filter plant in Sector 3, Manesar, was gutted in a fire on April 23.
On January 8, a major fire broke out at a helmet-manufacturing factory in Sector 8, Manesar. While no injury was reported in the incident, fire officials said goods worth lakhs were gutted.