Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 20, 2018-Saturday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Gurgaon: 2 days after Bisht’s death, main accused yet to be apprehended

Police still have no word on the whereabouts of the owner and his two sons

gurgaon Updated: Jul 08, 2017 22:45 IST
Yashaswani Sehrawat
Yashaswani Sehrawat
Hindustan Times
The room in Gurgaon’s DLF Phase-3 where Ramesh Bisht put up as a paying guest.(Sanjeev Verma/HT PHOTO)

It has been two days since a 20-year-old paying guest from Nainital was allegedly pushed by his landlord from the fifth floor balcony of the accommodation in Gurgaon’s DLF Phase 3. The police, till date, have only been able to arrest two — Satish, the caretaker of the PG accommodation and Shishram, who was involved in the scuffle that led to Ramesh Bisht being allegedly shoved off the fifth floor. However, the owner’s sons, the main accused in the case, continue to roam free.

The PG owner, Satbir Singh, and his two sons — Rohit and Rahul — along with eight other men allegedly thrashed Ramesh and his friends on Wednesday night. Singh allegedly pushed him from the fifth floor of the building, resulting in his death.

The police have been unable to track down Singh, a resident of Nathupur village adjacent to DLF Phase 3 where the incident took place.

DLF Phase 3 chowki in-charge, sub inspector Manoj Kumar said that police teams have been formed to nab the owner and his two sons.

“While their house (in DLF Phase 3) is vacant, there is no word on their whereabouts in their village as well. We are trying our best to catch Singh and his sons and hope to apprehend them soon,” Kumar said.

A total of three teams have been formed to nab the trio — one from the DLF Phase 3 police post, another fom the DLF Phase 2 police station (where the FIR was filed) and a third from East district’s CIA.

“We are working on some leads and are also questioning their relatives on their whereabouts. They are not hardened criminals and will be arrested soon,” station house officer (SHO), DLF Phase 2, said.

The two, who were arrested on Thursday, are on a two-day police remand and sources said they confessed to beating up Ramesh and his friends. However, they claimed that they didn’t push Bisht and he fell on his own, police sources said.

Sources said at least 500 persons stayed in the PG accommodation, which had five floors. All the floors had at least three rooms, with five-six people staying in each of them, claimed Ramesh’s friends, who also took up residence at the building.

The land on which the PG accommodation was built is also under the scanner as neighbours claimed it was built illegally.

A local from the Nathupur village, on the condition of anonymity, said that Singh not only owned the PG residence, but also the adjacent one in which the inmates’ training was going on.

“The land belongs to the same family and there are at least three PG accommodations next to each other. All of them have five-eight floors and houses hundreds of tenants,” he said.

The source added that Singh had ‘lots of money’ and wielded significant clout in the area.

“He and his brothers have five-ten men, including bouncers, who kept the ‘outsiders’ in check,” the 62-year-old said.

Shocked by the incident, the PG inmates and Bisht’s family returned to their village Binukhatta in Nainital on Friday where the youth’s last rites were performed.

Read I Gurgaon: 20-year-old dies after being ‘pushed’ from fifth floor by PG owner

His friends said that while a candle light vigil was held in Nainital on Friday to protest against the incident, dharnas and chakka jams are planned on Sunday.

Kishan Deopa, Bisht’s roommate, said that his friends will take the battle forward and ensure justice is done in the case.

A group of 50-60 protesters gathered around the Lal Kuan police post in Nainital on Saturday morning and demanded action against the culprits in Gurgaon.

“The police here says that since the incident took place in Gurgaon, only the Gurgaon police can act in the case. However, the Gurgaon have only been able to arrest two of the accused so far. However, we are determined to fight on till justice is done,” Ramesh’s father said.

First Published: Jul 08, 2017 22:45 IST