Gurgaon: Four children injured in pole short circuit shifted to private hospital
The district administration is yet to receive a report that is supposed to fix responsibility for the incidentgurgaon Updated: Aug 17, 2017 22:32 IST
Four children out of the seven, who suffered burn injuries on Tuesday after they came in contact with a high tension wire at Kendriya Vihar in Sector 56, were transferred from the civil hospital to a private hospital in the city late on Wednesday. They were shifted following a request following a request to the district administration by their parents.
Although the district administration on Thursday received a fact finding report about the incident, the inquiry report that is supposed to fixed responsibility for the mishap is still awaited.
The children had been admitted in the burn ward of the civil hospital. They were shifted after their parents requested Bharat Bhushan Gogia, the sub-divisional magistrate (north), to have the children transferred to a hospital near their homes.
“The parents called me up late on Wednesday. Around 11.30pm, we shifted the children to Anand Multispecialty Hospital. It is located right close to where the kids stay. Travelling to the civil hospital every day was proving to be expensive for them. Hence, we had the children shifted to a facility in the vicinity, so that they could visit them as and when they want,” Gogia said.
“We are trying to provide the best possible medication to the injured children. The spot report has been submitted to the district administration for further investigation,” Gogia added.
Deputy commissioner, Vinay Pratap Singh, asked Gogia on Wednesday to conduct an inquiry into the matter and to submit a fact finding report regarding the same.
“SDM has submitted the report. Based on the report, we will seek reply from the departments concerned.”
The district administration will take care of the hospital expenses of the injured children. Of the seven children, two have been discharged, while one is undergoing treatment at Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital.
Police said the children were playing when they came in contact with live 220 KV high tension cables that snapped after a short circuit in one of the two poles they were attached to. Some locals noticed sparks coming out of the poles and rushed to the spot. However, by the time they could rescue the children, they had already sustained burns. The children were taken to Artemis hospital and from where they were sent to the to the civil hospital.
First Published: Aug 17, 2017 22:31 IST