Man dies after electric shock from robot in Manesar plant
A 24-year-old employee of SKH Metals factory, G Ram, who works in the production department, was working in the area where robots function when he accidently came in contact with a robot and was electrocuted.gurgaon Updated: Aug 13, 2015 13:26 IST
A 24-year-old employee of a factory was electrocuted after he allegedly touched a robot in Manesar on Wednesday, in a reminder of the death of a man who was crushed to death by a machine at a Volkswagen plant in Germany.
According to the police, G Ram, who works in the production department of SKH Metals factory, was working in the area where robots function. He accidently came in contact with a robot and was electrocuted.
Ram was declared brought dead by the doctors.
“This is a case of negligence by the company. A FIR has been registered by the police. We are now waiting for the doctors to conduct a post-mortem so further action can be initiated,” said Rakesh Kumar, ACP (crime).
The factory manager has been booked for causing death by negligence.
G Ram, originally from Uttar Pradesh, is a contractual worker and was working with SKH Metals from the past two years. The company is located in the Tau Devi Lal Industrial Model Township inManesar and supplies auto components to automobile companies.
First Published: Aug 13, 2015 08:17 IST