Someone from school behind murder, only CBI can unfold mystery: Ryan victim’s father
Due to parents’ apprehensions and low attendance, Gurgaon deputy commissioner Vinay Pratap Singh announced on Monday evening that the school will stay closed for four more days and classes will resume next Monday.gurgaon Updated: Sep 20, 2017 19:35 IST
Voicing satisfaction over the administration deciding to extend the school’s closure for another four days, the father of the slain eight-year-old boy at the Ryan International School, Bhondsi, claimed on Tuesday that someone from the school could be behind the murder and then school should be closed till a CBI team visits the crime scene at least once.
The school was reopened on Monday, ten days after the boy was brutally murdered on September 8 morning inside a school toilet. Due to parents’ apprehensions and low attendance, Gurgaon deputy commissioner Vinay Pratap Singh announced on Monday evening that the school will stay closed for four more days and classes will resume next Monday.
The victim’s father had earlier expressed concern over opening of the school fearing it may lead to further tampering or destruction of pieces of evidence.
“I am not against reopening of the school. I just want to urge the authorities to ensure that the school remains closed till the CBI takes over the case and visits the crime scene at least once. I am not sure who has killed my son. Maybe it’s the bus conductor who did it. But I suspect someone else is behind the conspiracy and only the CBI can get to the bottom the case,” he told Hindustan Times on Tuesday morning.
The deputy commissioner, who took charge as administrator of the school on Monday for three months, said the crime scene was cordoned off so that no evidence is destroyed or tampered with.
On September 8 evening, Gurgaon police arrested 42-year-old Ashok Kumar, conductor of the school bus, on the charge of killing the boy after an alleged failed sexual assault bid.
“The accused has been changing his statement since day one. We still have no clue who is behind the murder,” the father said.
He said he had no personal enmity with anyone and his son was not killed in a bid to exact revenge from him. “There is a bigger conspiracy. I will fight till my last breath to make sure that the real culprit is behind bars,” the father said.
He claimed evidence was tampered with at the crime scene at the behest of the school management.
DC Vinay Pratap Singh said the school would be opened after ensuring all safety measures are in place. He said the crime scene would remain cordoned off and no one would be allowed access.
First Published: Sep 20, 2017 19:28 IST