Warehouse in Gurugram gutted, none injured

Published on May 16, 2019 03:31 AM IST

According to officials, the incident took place at MR International around 1pm and five fire tenders were sent to the spot.

“The fire was confined to the basement of the building and there was no exterior or interior damage to the building elsewhere,” IS Kashyap, assistant divisional fire safety officer, said.(HT Photo)
“The fire was confined to the basement of the building and there was no exterior or interior damage to the building elsewhere,” IS Kashyap, assistant divisional fire safety officer, said.(HT Photo)
Hindustan Times, Gurugram | By

The basement of a warehouse owned by a wholesale trader caught fire in Sector 12A near Sheetla Mata Mandir on Wednesday afternoon. No injuries were reported in the incident.

According to officials, the incident took place at MR International around 1pm and five fire tenders were sent to the spot.

Fire department officials said that the trader had stored shoe shining machines, housekeeping utilities, kitchen retail products, floor cleaners, and other household products in the basement.

“The fire was confined to the basement of the building and there was no exterior or interior damage to the building elsewhere,” IS Kashyap, assistant divisional fire safety officer, said.

Kashyap said the fire is suspected to have started due to a short circuit in the electrical unit. He said that no staff member was present inside the basement when the fire broke out, and was only noticed due to the presence of heavy smoke.

As per fire department officials, all items in the basement were gutted, and it took them almost two hours to completely douse the flames.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Friday, September 30, 2022
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals