60% readers disagree with Nobel winner’s view on homeopathy
Sixty per cent of our readers disagree with Nobel laureate Venkatraman Ramakrishnan’s statement that ‘homeopathy and astrology are useless and harmful practices’, according to a poll conducted by Hindustan Times on Thursday.
Readers were asked whether they agreed with Ramakrishnan’s statement that homeopathy was a ‘bogus’ practice.
Out of 2,825 total votes, a whopping 1,701 readers (60%) disagreed with the statement, affirming their faith in homeopathy. 913 of those polled (32%) agreed with the statement, dismissing homeopathy’s claims.
Ramakrishnan had come down heavily on the practices of homeopathy and astrology, saying real science was far more interesting than “bogus” fields, while delivering the Har Gobind Khorana lecture on ‘On Nobody’s Word: Evidence and Modern Science’ at Panjab University in Chandigarh.
Ramakrishnan dismissed homeopathic medicine in his lecture, saying that nobody in chemistry believed in it. Commenting on astrology, he said, “There is no scientific basis for how movement of planets and stars can influence our fate. There is no reason for time of birth to influence events years later. The predictions made are either obvious or shown to be random.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aditi Rao Hydari shows you how to do weight training without actually using weights in her latest fitness clip. Saying that this video is hilarious would be an understatement.
- A study done in the USA showed that wearing masks can actually curb the spread of the novel coronavirus. However, dining at restaurants, both in open area and inside, can increase the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths.
- As the new coronavirus variants spread and Covid-19 symptoms continue to increase and expand, here’s how you can locate the infection through these four kinds of skin changes
- Natasa Stankovic recently shared a workout video which is a mix of boxing and zumba. The extensive fitness session is inspiring us to stop procrastinating and start our weekend on a healthy note.
- Music producer Rudy Willingham recently broke the Internet as he suggested fathers out there to use Beer Bong setup as an innovative feeding technique to make toddlers like his daughter, drink more milk easily without any mess | Watch