After days of rain, snowfall, Kashmir to experience dry weather, says IMD
After three days of rain and snowfall in different parts of Kashmir, IMD has predicted dry weather the next week.
For the past three days, while the plains observed rainfall, upper reaches of Kashmir, especially Gulmarg, a popular tourist destination experienced good snowfall. This was the third snowfall of the month in Gulmarg and authorities are hoping this would attract tourists and skiers. The upper reaches of other tourist spots, Sonmarg and Pahalgam, also experienced good snowfall.
“As of today, weather most likely will remain dry till December 2. Light rain or snow at isolated places can’t be ruled out during the next 24 hours. No significant weather [change] for a week,” said IMD in a morning update
While Jammu recorded the maximum temperature of 16.5 degrees Celcius, Srinagar recorded 5.6 degrees Celsius, Kargil recorded 4.5 degrees Celsius, Leh was at 1 degree Celsius and Drass at -1 degree Celsius. Meanwhile, Mughal Road was closed after a heavy snowfall in the region. Traffic is plying on Srinagar-Jammu national highway.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For 2020-21, Delhi had pegged budgeted revenue receipts (excluding borrowings) at ₹55,309 crore. Revised estimates for the year will be mentioned in the upcoming budget (2021-22) and actual revenue receipts for the year will reflect in the budget after that.
- Court-appointed amicus curiae senior advocate Siddhartha Dave prepared a chart indicating unsatisfactory response from states as well with some proposing to achieve compliance of Court’s December 2, 2020 order by end of 2023.
- The judgment, which involved approximately ₹500 crore in tax revenue, will impact companies such as IBM India Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Hewlett Packard India, Mphasis Ltd, Sonata Software Ltd, and GE India, among others.
- The girl's family lodged a complaint three day after she went missing.
- Shubhendu Shubham, 23, a 2016-batch student of Patna’s Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH), had taken the first shot of Covaxin in the first week of February, but tested positive for the viral infection later last month before he could take the second shot
- For the past 13 days, the Durga-Nag market at Dalgate in Srinagar has been desolate and locals and traders in grief
- TMC’s leader in the Rajya Sabha Derek O, Brien asked the Election Commission to stop the Prime Minister "from taking unfair advantages and undue publicity at tax payer’s cost during the conduct of elections".