Coronavirus: First case of Covid-19 infection reported in Chhattisgarh
A 24-year-old woman has been tested positive for coronavirus in Raipur, making her the first confirmed case in Chhattisgarh, officials informed on Thursday.
The woman, along with her parents, is admitted in an isolation ward at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Raipur.
“The woman was enrolled in some college in London and had returned home from there via Mumbai airport on March 15. She complained of cold and cough and therefore her sample was collected for testing on March 17. On Wednesday evening , she was tested positive for the infection,” Medical Superintendent of AIIMS Raipur Dr Karan Peepre told Hindustan Times.
The health officials also immediately admitted the patient’s parents as they had come in contact with the woman. They are currently under observation.
“The woman’s parents’ samples were also sent for testing and reports are awaited,” Peepre said, adding that their condition is stable and their health is good.
On Wednesday, health officials here had informed that samples of 102 of 114 people who were suspected to have been exposed to Covid-19 have come out negative for infection.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has called a meeting of all the senior officials and ministers at CM house on Thursday afternoon to review the preparations to contain coronavirus in the state.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Dhannipur project includes a mosque, hospital, museum, library, community kitchen, Indo-Islamic cultural research centre and a publication house.
- India is currently conducting the world’s largest vaccination drive against Covid-19, administering shots of the Oxford University-AstraZeneca vaccine, Covishield, and Bharat Biotech International Limited’s Covaxin.
- The ban was imposed last June on grounds of national security, months after the military standoff emerged into the open.
- Education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal’s proposal raised the hopes of thousands of students who were hoping to get two options.
- The guidelines for “Surveillance, Containment and Caution”, applicable for February 1-28, also said the civil aviation ministry may take a call on further opening up of international air travel in consultation with the MHA.
- The offer, however, is seen by many farm leaders as a tactic by the government to buy time, particularly keeping in mind the Punjab assembly elections due in February 2022.
- The farmers accused the two of taking control of the Sanyukt Kisan Morcha stage on Monday evening, and pushing farmers to march onto the Outer Ring Road rather than the route decided with the police.
- Even though the case was posted for February 4, the court heard the case on Wednesday based on the request of the former Tamil Nadu CM's family.
- An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde said that all endeavours should be made to ensure appointments come through in a time-bound manner.
- The TMC, however, has hit back calling it the height of hypocrisy and refuting the charges as baseless allegations.
- Leaders of the Samyukt Kisan Morcha, the platform of farm unions leading the protests, on Wednesday apologised for the violent events in Delhi that have dented the credibility of the movement.
- Singh and Pompili will preside over the signing of a letter of intent between the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and the French Development Agency (AFD) for developing a floating solar plant of up to 150 MW.