Hisar: Muslim youth slapped for not shouting ‘Bharat Mata ki jai’
Tension gripped a locality in the city on Tuesday evening after an unidentified person allegedly slapped a Muslim youth for not saying ‘Bharat Mata ki jai’ during a Bajrang Dal protest against the terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims.
Heavy police force was rushed to the spot to maintain the law and order situation. However, no complaint was received in this regard. This happened after local Bajrang Dal activists had scheduled a protest near Parizat chowk where they were to burn an effigy.
Reports said the leaders changed the protest venue and reached near a mosque at Lahoriya Chowk. It was alleged that some Bajrang Dal activists started raising slogans of ‘Bharat Mata ki jai’ and asked a Muslim youth returning after offering namaz to do the same.
A verbal ensued between the youth and others and an unidentified person slapped him and fled. After getting information, police tightened security around the mosque.
“Are we guilty of attacking anyone? We all are brothers. It is my demand that the police must arrange proper security around the mosque and arrest the accused,” Harphul Khan Bhatti, chief of the Hisar unit of Muslim Kalyan Committee, said talking to mediapersons.
“We have not received any complaint so far. We are investigating the matter. If we get a written complaint, the police will take action,” said city station house officer (SHO) Lalit Kumar,.
“No one from Bajrang Dal manhandled anyone. We also came to know about this. We only protested against terrorism and left from there. We are not aware what happened after that,” Kapil Vats, Hisar unit leader of Bajrang Dal, said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Russia is set to train the first group of Indian military specialists in operating the S-400 and the first batteries are expected by September.
- Among other charges, the two men have also been booked under sections of the Uttar Pradesh Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance
- Digvijaya Singh accused the Centre of trying to derail the farmers' protest
- At a press conference, AAP spokesperson Raghav Chadha, while questioning the connection between Sidhu and BJP, showed several photos purportedly of the actor with various BJP leaders. "The BJP planted their stooge Deep Sidhu to create chaos in farmers' tractor parade," Chadha said.
- The police said the IED was most probably planted in the night and that the perpetrators were probably familiar with the troop movement.