ICMR chief Balram Bhargava admitted to AIIMS Trauma Centre for Covid-19 treatment
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) director general Balram Bhargava, who has tested positive for Covid-19, is undergoing treatment at Delhi’s AIIMS Trauma Centre, news agency PTI reported on Friday.
Bhargava, who was admitted to the AIIMS Trauma Centre, is recovering well and likely to be discharged soon, the report added.
The AIIMS Trauma Centre was converted into a dedicated Covid-19 facility on December 15.
The ICMR chief, who is also a cardiologist, had tested positive for coronavirus infection around 7-8 days ago and was under home isolation, officials told PTI.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For 2020-21, Delhi had pegged budgeted revenue receipts (excluding borrowings) at ₹55,309 crore. Revised estimates for the year will be mentioned in the upcoming budget (2021-22) and actual revenue receipts for the year will reflect in the budget after that.
- Court-appointed amicus curiae senior advocate Siddhartha Dave prepared a chart indicating unsatisfactory response from states as well with some proposing to achieve compliance of Court’s December 2, 2020 order by end of 2023.
- The judgment, which involved approximately ₹500 crore in tax revenue, will impact companies such as IBM India Ltd, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, Hewlett Packard India, Mphasis Ltd, Sonata Software Ltd, and GE India, among others.
- The girl's family lodged a complaint three day after she went missing.
- Shubhendu Shubham, 23, a 2016-batch student of Patna’s Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH), had taken the first shot of Covaxin in the first week of February, but tested positive for the viral infection later last month before he could take the second shot
- For the past 13 days, the Durga-Nag market at Dalgate in Srinagar has been desolate and locals and traders in grief
- Ghulam Nabi Azad detractors and supporters in the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Committee accused each other of acting at the behest of the BJP.