Man held after allegedly raping woman for nine months, forcing her to abort twice
Police on Wednesday arrested one person for allegedly raping a woman for nine months and blackmailing her with video tapes of the act.
A senior Kolkata Police officer said that an Assamese woman lodged a complaint on Tuesday that the accused raped her several times during the past nine months and forced her to abort twice.
The accused was arrested from his Salt Lake residence in the eastern fringe of the city after prolonged interrogation.
The woman in her early 30s alleged that after the man befriended her on a social networking site, they met at a restaurant sometime early last year where they consumed alcohol, the officer said.
She claimed that she then fell unconscious and the accused took her to a guest house and raped her.
The victim also accused the man of threatening her to release a video he had filmed of the rape.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.