Prime Minister Narendra Modi meets Malaysian PM Najib Razak
Prime Minister Narendra Modi met his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak ahead of delegation-level talks here on Saturday.
“Honouring a shared heritage. PM @narendramodi receives PM @NajibRazak at Hyderabad House,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay tweeted.
A number of agreements are expected to be signed between India and Malaysia following the delegation-level talks between the two sides.
Earlier in the day, Razak was accorded a ceremonial welcome at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here.
Thereafter he called on President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj too called on the visiting dignitary.
Razak arrived in Chennai on Thursday on a six-day visit to India and reched New Delhi on Friday evening.
He will also visit Jaipur on Sunday where he will meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Scindia.
The is the Malaysian Prime Minister’s third official visit to India.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Iranian embassy said it "strongly repudiates any unsubstantiated allegations or irresponsible comments in this regard and considers them as steps towards realising the sinister intentions of the enemies of Iran-India relations”.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration during a verification drive on Saturday sent 169 illegal immigrant Rohingyas to a ‘holding centre’ after they were found without valid travel documents.
- The report said that closing of schools, economic stress, parental deaths and pregnancies due to the coronavirus pandemic could increase the risk of child marriage.
- On Monday, Odisha reported 668 large forest fires.
- The 13th floor houses the accounts office of the Eastern Railways.