Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2018-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Three persons die while trying to save a cow that had fallen into well

Ashwini (40), Shrawan (35) and Arun (15) got into the well to save the cow in Chauhan Basti in Karaura village, superintendent of police Atul Saxena said.

india Updated: Apr 22, 2017 21:52 IST
Press Trust of India
Press Trust of India
Jaunpur (Uttar Pradesh)
Karaura village,Uttar Pradesh,Toxic gas inhalation
Three persons died after they inhaled toxic gas when they were trying to save a cow which had fallen into a well.(Raj K Raj/Hindustan Times)

Three persons died after they inhaled toxic gas when they were trying to save a cow which had fallen into a well.

Ashwini (40), Shrawan (35) and Arun (15) got into the well to save the cow in Chauhan Basti in Karaura village, Superintendent of Police Atul Saxena said.

Before the police could arrive and arrange for generators to light up the well, all three died due to inhalation of poisonous gas, the SP said.

The cow also died. One more person who tried to save it was taken seriously ill and was rushed to hospital for treatment.

First Published: Apr 22, 2017 21:52 IST