Chhattisgarh: BSF jawan injured in IED blast
A BSF jawan was on Tuesday injured inan IED blast triggered by Naxals in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh.
The incident took place between Konde and Chhindpal village when the security forces were on an anti-mining operation in the Badgaon police station area of the district, a senior police official said.
As per information, the jawan stepped on a landmine in the region triggering the blast, the official said.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot to rescue the injured jawan, the official said, adding the anti-mining operation was still on in the jungles.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.