J-K: Guerrilla killed in Kupwara infiltration bid
A separatist guerrilla was killed on Saturday in a gunfight with the security forces in Machil sector of the Line of Control (LoC) in north Kashmir's Kupwara district where the army foiled an infiltration bid.
A senior police officer told IANS here: "Alert troops of army challenged a group of heavily armed militants near the Jalandari Post on our side of the LoC.
"One militant has died in this encounter so far. Firing exchanges are still on in the area".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The opposition Congress accused the government of "high handedness" against the protestors especially women while drawing parallels with British rule and calling it "General Dyer's government".
- “We'll send teams to poll-bound states - to West Bengal and Kerala. We will not support any party but appeal to people to vote for the candidates who can defeat BJP.", said BKU leader Balbir S Rajewal
- None of the students had any symptoms of Covid-19 and when their samples were again subjected to RT-PCR tests, the results were negative.
- Karat was referring to remarks made during the hearing of a plea filed by a public servant, who is accused of repeatedly raping a girl, against the Bombay High Court February 5 order which had cancelled his anticipatory bail.
- Shubham Chaudhuri -- a volunteer with global climate activist group 'Extinction Rebellion' told the court that he has nothing to do with the making of the alleged toolkit and has been implicated in the case.
- A notorious drug dealer, Sunil Howlader, was arrested during the raid. He is a resident of Rasulpur. His SUV was also seized.