Minor fire in Odisha CM’s office in the assembly, no damage reported
No one was reported hurt in the incident. The assembly is now in session but the CM is away on a visit to Delhi, assembly officials said.india Updated: Apr 27, 2016 18:43 IST
A fire broke out in the office of Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik in the state assembly on Wednesday, allegedly after the TV set and the setup box in the room got short-circuited.
No one was reported hurt in the incident. The assembly is now in session but the CM is away on a visit to Delhi, assembly officials said.
The fire broke out at around 12:20 pm but it was doused within 20 minutes by the fire brigade personnel who were alerted by the staff.
“There is no damage to properties in the office except for the television set and setup box,” fire officer Manoranjan Rout said.
Odisha director general of police KB Singh, Bhubaneswar police commissioner YB Khurania and deputy police commissioner Satyabrata Bhoi rushed to the spot and started an inquiry to ascertain the reason of the fire.
Speaker Niranjan Pujari, who also visited the chief minister’s office, described it as a minor accident and said there was nothing to worry.
(With inputs from PTI)
First Published: Apr 27, 2016 14:22 IST