Mulund College Of Commerce
The Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association started Mulund College Of Commerce (MCC) in 1970 with Knowledge is Power as their motto. Till today, they have produced thousands of students holding top job positions in India and abroad. Well-equipped classrooms, gymnasiums, gymkhanas and other educational aids and facilities have enabled students to achieve success in studies as well as co- and extra-curricular activities.
This college is among the very few colleges in India that offer just commerce as an educational stream. It has a high number of chartered accountant toppers to its credit and is counted among the top accounting colleges of India.
The National Service Scheme of this college is currently working on an environment project called Green Mulund under the Hariyali Project. The quizzing circle of this college is among the best and has won almost all the business quizzes in Mumbai.
With the presence of a compact quadrangle developed specially for volleyball and box-cricket and with the presence of Shiv Chatrapati awardees as coaches, this college has the potential for winning sports accolades.
It also gives importance for physical fitness, which is evident with the presence of a health club with modern equipment.
"The main faculty is commerce, but students are more inclined towards CA, mainly because of the hardworking staff which is completely dedicated to getting the students placed properly in life. High-end companies come for campus recruitment every year," said Principal S.N. Diwanji.
This college offers another unique facility. The students studying in other institutions but residing in Mulund are permitted to use the college library, but selectively. Prominent citizens of Mulund can also use it. "The college spells dedicated professors and a never-ending list of meritorious students. The management of this institution is excellent and very supportive," said assistant principal of the college A.P. Kulkarni.
This reputed institution has registered itself for financial marketing, a new course which will be instated in colleges from this academic year. Mulund College also offers Masters of Computer Application with distance education and MBA from the Pondicherry University.
"It's a brilliant college to study in. The importance it gives to sport and the approach they adopt to teach is simply great. The infrastructure could be improved though," said Subramanian Krishnan, a third-year student.
"This college is fairly good. I believe it is among the best colleges that offer commerce and its streams," said Lakshmi K, a parent. The most popular hangouts are joints like Quick Chef, Vishwa Mahal and Vishwa Bharti.
Mulund College Of Commerce
Mulund College Of Commerce, Sarojini Naidu Road, Mulund (West), Mumbai- 400080.
Tel: 25600017, 25650257
The 'Parle Tilak Vidyalaya Association' is an association that has been running educational institutes in Mumbai from 1921. In 1970, this association started the Mulund College of Commerce to create an institution that provides educational service exclusively for commerce aspirants. Commerce, economics, business management, law, information technology and computer science are taught in this institution.
Best Known For:
Many chartered accountants have studied here. The students recognise this college for Spectrum, its annual fest and Armageddon, its national business quiz hosted by the BMS department.
"This college is an academically-oriented institution, which provides tremendous amount of support to the students who take up other degree courses along with their regular ones. On the whole, my experience there was outstanding."
- Parvathy Murthy a manager at ICICI and chartered accountant
"Mulund College of Commerce is the 'NM College' of Mulund. It has a strong and hardworking faculty in commerce and is among the few good commerce-only colleges in Mumbai. Considering the pace at which Mulund is developing, it's good to have such quality colleges around."says Rupa Shah, educationist and former vice-chancellor of SNDT Women's University
Previous Year's Cut-Off:
Commerce: above 80 per cent
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.