State to allocate 3000 mines by March 31
Jaipur: Around 3000 minor mineral mines and eight blocks of major minerals will be allocated by March 31 to generate revenue and employment, the Rajasthan mines minister said.
The state mines department has initiated e-auction of minor mineral mines for the first time after amending the mineral policy in February this year.
Mines minister Surendra Pal Singh said all processes – be it allotment of mines, or issuing of exit passes – have been made online to ensure transparency.
“We are identifying around 1000 new minor mineral blocks in Rajasthan, which will be allocated through e-auction. Around 1650 mines, for which letter of intent (LoI) was issued, will be cleared by February,” Singh said.
“In addition, we will issue mining lease to farmers who find gypsum in their fields; we received over 950 applications for the same.”
Farmers consider their fields as wasteland because of gypsum accumulation. Issuing farmers lease to dig and sell gypsum will provide them financial support, the minister said.
“The farmers will start earning. Of the total applications received, mining lease has been given to over 300 famers. This will also help curb illegal gypsum sale.”
The government decision benefited farmers in Shri Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Bikaner, Churu, Nagaur and Jaisalmer districts, Singh said.
The mines department has identified eight blocks of major minerals -- copper in Chittorgarh, Ajmer and Jhunjhunu districts, and limestone in Nagaur and Jaisalmer.
“The new blocks will fetch over Rs 40,000 crore revenue,” a mines department official told HT on condition of anonymity. “Around 70% of state mining revenue comes from major minerals.”
Auctioning of two major mineral mines in Nagaur and Chittorgarh districts in January will generate Rs 10,500 crore revenue, the official said
A notice has been issued to invite bids for 180 new minor mineral mines -- mason stone, marble, granite, and sandstone, among others. “This is the first time minor mineral mines are e-auctioned and people are showing keen interest; around 70 applications have been received,” the official said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Health secretary Siddharth Majahan said, “The vaccination is going on smoothly across the state. People are enthusiastic".
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them
- Both leaders shared a helicopter for the first time after more than a year.
- The decision was taken in a review meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.
- The state has prepared a new bill, the Rajasthan Prisons Bill, 2021, taking inspiration from the model jail manual.
- Several states including Maharashtra, Kerala, MP and Punjab continue to record high number of Covid cases.
- The core committee meeting will be chaired by state party chief Satish Poonia.
- The Congress government in Puducherry collapsed on Monday after the motion of confidence moved by CM Narayanasamy was defeated.