Recipe: A bowl of this Vegetable Thukpa feels like a warm hug on cold nights
- Try the easy recipe of Vegetable Thukpa tonight. This comfort food tastes divine all year long but it especially feels like a warm hug on cold winter nights.
Thukpa is the one comfort dish that is enjoyed throughout the year. However, it hits differently in winters and there is no denying that. As the chilly season gets ready to bid adieu to us, we thought, if you haven't had it till now, it is the correct time to share the recipe of Vegetable Thukpa with you.
Imagine having this wholesome bowl of vegetables in the night while enjoying the slightly cold weather. This dish feels like a warm hug from the inside as soon as you put it in your mouth. So let’s not waste any more time and dive right into this soupy goodness.
Vegetables (carrots, beans, bell peppers, mushrooms, cabbage)- diced into cubes
Ginger finely chopped
Garlic finely chopped
Onions - sliced
Green chilli - finely chopped
Boiled noodles - as per packet instructions
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
Red chilli powder- as per taste
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
A pinch of pepper
3-4 cups of vegetable stock or water
Take out a pan and add some oil into it. Once it heats a little, add finely chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies. Saute them for a minute at least and add onions. Cook the onions until they become soft.
For the next step, add the carrots, beans, bell peppers, mushrooms and cabbage to the pan. Saute them on high flame for at least three to four minutes. Once, you think they are done, add salt, pepper, coriander powder and garam masala to the pan. Cover and cook for seven to eight minutes until soft (don’t overcook them). We need to keep the vegetables crunchy for that taste.
Now add three to four cups of vegetable stock or water to the pan and let it boil on medium-high flame. Finally, add the soy sauce and red chilli powder and bokchoy. Give it a good stir and let it simmer for some time. Then add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
In a large soup bowl, add boiled noodles and over it, add the vegetable broth that you just made. Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot and enjoy this delicious and easy to prepare dish.
(Recipe courtesy: Instagram/thesoultreat)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Whip up a healthy treat this summer, packed with a flavoursome and refreshing punch with this Mango Pudding that is a lovely light way to end a heavy meal. Check out the exotic recipe inside
- Try this delicious recipe of Oats and Cranberry Pancakes that don't just taste divine but are also healthy. You can now enjoy pancakes without the guilt.
- Seal your midweek sugar cravings with a healthy treat including the goodness of a superfood with this super easy recipe of strawberry chia pudding. Check out the health benefits of this delicious dessert inside
- Want to be healthy with a flavour explosion in your mouth? Try this mouthwatering recipe of Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce that will keep you coming back for more
- Whether you like your beans spicy or prefer skipping them and using plain canned ones, the goal is to create a quality burrito that is made from the scratch and you can try this simple recipe too if you are craving some Mexican food tonight
- Want to relieve constipation or treat your body to natural antioxidants? Here’s a recipe to whip up some creamy, crunchy Cauliflower soup this Tuesday evening which is a healthy substitute for rice and flour and is sure to tickle your taste buds
- Say ‘yes’ to bagel cravings this Tuesday with ‘Everything Bagel’ which is a clean version of a regular bagel with pops of onion, garlic, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drooling at the thought of all those tasty flavours? Check the recipe of Everything Bagel inside
- It's time to add some fresh fruits to our favourite dessert and bake some fudgy chocolate strawberry brownies that taste divine and don't require a lot of effort.
- Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish which consists of thick vegetable curry made of potatoes, cauliflower onions, carrots, chillies, peas, bell peppers, and tomatoes, and though the recipe calls for fresh vegetables, one can even use leftover sabzis to make this, and it will turn out just as delicious.
- If Monday blues have already bogged you down, atleast we got your dinner menu sorted with this scrumptious recipe of Tempeh Spicy Mexican Tacos
- Up for some homemade chocolate that is bursting with flavour and nutritional benefits? Try this extremely simple recipe of Butterfly Pea Powder Bounty Bars that are not only a mouthwatering vegan treat but also helps one to lose weight and feel great