Samajwadi Party leader SRS Yadav passes away due to Covid-19
Member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (MLC) and Samajwadi Party (SP) leader SRS Yadav, who was battling Covid-19 infection, died on Monday.
Samajwadi Party condoled the demise of the leader.
“The demise of the senior and respected leader of Samajwadi Party, National Secretary and MLC SRS Yadav ‘Babu Ji’ is the end of an ‘era’. Heart wrenching and irreparable damage! Condolences to the bereaved family and prayers for the departed soul’s peace! Tributes to the departed soul,” the party wrote on Twitter (roughly translated from Hindi).
Party chief Akhilesh Yadav also condoled the demise of the senior party member.
“Shocked at the demise of senior SP leader, MLC and in-charge of the party office, Shri SRS Yadav Ji from Covid-19. The state has lost a dedicated socialist today. Tributes to him,” Yadav wrote on Twitter. (ANI)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BJP president JP Nadda is expected to discuss party's strategy for the upcoming panchayat polls and preparations for the assembly elections. Nadda will also discuss co-ordination between the organisation and the government, said a BJP leader.
- The UP govt is discussing whether to opt for rotation or go by the Zero formula, where fresh reservation of panchayats would be ordered without factoring in their categorisation in previous elections.
- Prof Bandyopadhyay, a member of the biological sciences and bioengineering faculty of IIT Kanpur is the current occupant of KENT Entrepreneurship and Innovation Chair.
- A Congress MLC objected to Savarkar's portrait and termed it's inclusion in the gallery to be an insult to other freedom fighters, who he said, did not bow to the atrocities of the British during the freedom struggle.
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.