Two restaurant style recipes that you can make at home
Try these five star dessert recipes at home, and give your tastebuds that restaurant experience it has been missing for months.Updated: Sep 17, 2020, 17:25 IST
This pandemic and the resultant lockdown has turned most of us into home chefs mostly due to sheer need. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. But if you are tired of making the same old dal chawal at home everyday, here are two exotic 5 star recipes that you can try at home, and give your tastebuds a reason to get excited.
Orange & Beetroot tartlets with almond fig crust, by Chef Nicholas, Executive Pastry Chef, The Ritz-Carlton, Pune
Chopped Beetroot 40gm
Coconut Sugar 25gm
Lemon Juice 1no
Orange Peeled & Chopped 1no
· Soak the Figs in Warm water for 30minutes, until soft (if figs are soft & mists do not soak the figs in water)
· Drain out all the water, dry the figs on a paper towel.
· Pure the figs to make a thick paste, do not add any water to the mixture.
· Roast the almonds and crush it to fine bits in the mixer.
· Add the chopped almonds to the fig paste.
· Use this paste to line the tart ring. Make sure the tart has a removable base.
· Once the tart is lined let it rest in the fridge.
· Soak the cashew for 30 minutes. Once done drain and make a paste in a mixer.
· Peel and chop the beetroot, add it to the mixer containing beetroot.
· Add the coconut sugar, lemon juice & orange.
· Blend the mixture together to make a fine smooth paste.
· Remove the mixture and fill the lined tart mold.
· Reserve some of the mixture of piping on top as per your liking.
Garnish the tart as creatively as possible to relish the orange and beetroot flavors.
Single origin Karnataka chocolate with Himalayan salt with Mahabaleshwar strawberry sorbet, by Chef Yogendra Adep, Executive Sous Chef, Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel
Dark Chocolate- 300gm (70%)
Milk Chocolate- 150gm
Heavy Cream- 1 ltr
Himalayan Pink Salt- 8gm
Wild Honey- 100gm
Vanilla pod- 1no
Compound white chocolate – 200gm
Cocoa Butter – 200gm
1- Measure milk chocolate and dark chocolate in a clean bowl.
2- Measure Heavy cream, milk, sea salt, Honey, vanilla pod in a heavy bottom pan, heat it until rolling boil.
3- Strain the liquid in the bowl of chocolate, and mix it with the help of hand blender.
4- Remove all the bubbles, strain the chocolate and cream mix.
5- Fill the mix in the mold.
6- Freeze it overnight.
1- Chop cocoa butter and melt in a heavy bottom pan.
2- Chop white butter and keep in a clean bowl.
3- Pour the warm melted cocoa butter over the white chocolate and mix it
4- Add activated coco powder to attain desired color.
5- Remove it from mold and spray with coco butter spray.
6- Rest it in refrigerator for 2 hours before service.