All genres welcome, but melodies are special for Neeti Mohan
Singer Neeti Mohan has been part of the music industry for a long time now, but since the last three years she has made a place of her own in Bollywood. She is currently one of the most sought after female playback singers.
“I am thankful to my parents for letting me pursue music as a career. No one in my family is a musician, so when I won a music reality show a decade ago, it was a breakthrough for me,” says Neeti, who has sung songs such as Jiya Re (Jab Tak Hai Jaan; 2012), Kashmir Main (Chennai Express; 2013).
Watch Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari from Chennai Express here:
Neeti was then selected to become a part of composer AR Rahman’s troupe for a world tour. “Initially, I didn’t know how to approach the music directors. So I just auditioned for Rahman sir. And in 2012, I finally got a chance to sing my first song, Ishq Wala Love (Student Of The Year),” she says about the film that also marked Alia Bhatt’s debut. So did she know that she was singing for Alia? “I didn’t know which film it was for or who Alia Bhatt was back then. The composers know what they want from you. So as a vocalist you have got to trust them and surrender yourself to their vision. And this is what I did,” says the singer, who has crooned another number - Nazdikiyaan - for Alia for her upcoming film.
Ask Neeti which is her favourite genre and she says, “I’m glad I’ve been offered songs from various genres, but I love singing melodies the most.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.
- A new Bangtan Bomb was released today which saw RM vibing to Justin Bieber's Where Are U Now, Jin reciting Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and Suga revealing which member he wants to give his photo card to.
- Bigg Boss 13's Shehnaaz Gill and popular rap singer Badshah are working together on a new song. Both took to their respective social media handles to share the news.
Pawri Ho Rai Hai goes viral: Yashraj Mukhate says, ‘Things on which I put too much mind don’t really work’
- Rihanna's new topless photo, in which she is wearing a pendant of a deity around her neck, has sparked major outrage in India. She has been accused of hurting religious sentiments.