Panjab University online registration starts for 2,310 BCom seats
Over 7,000 students applied last year for BCom and SD College, Sector-32, had emerged as choice for toppers.punjab Updated: Jun 03, 2017 11:31 IST
Dean of University Instructions (DUI) prof Dinesh Gupta on Friday launched a website for BCom admissions (bcomadmissions.puchd.ac.in) for 2,310 seats in Chandigarh colleges and department of evening studies at Panjab University. The registration also started from Friday.
Over 7,000 students applied last year for BCom and SD College, Sector-32, had emerged as choice for toppers.
85% RESERVATION FOR CITY STUDENTS
As much as 85% BCom-1 seats in the city colleges are reserved for UT (Chandigarh) pool students, who passed Class-12 from Chandigarh and 15% seats are open for the general pool. Prof Parvinder Singh, Dean College Development Council and Prof Meena Sharma, coordinator for the BCom admissions, were present on the launch.
- June 2-14: Online registration
- June 16: Last Date for Deposit of fee in any branch of SBI
- June 20: Last Date of submission of application form at UBS
- June 25: Tentative merit list
- June 25-26: Last Date for objections to be filed at bcomadmissions @pu.ac.in
- June 27: Display of schedule of counselling
- June 28: Display of Final merit list
- June 30-July 3: Tentative first physical counselling
- The merit list will be prepared by taking into account marks in Class 12th and 4 marks each for commerce stream subjects will be added. If you have studied maths, then 4 marks extra will also be provided. So, if a student has scored 90% marks in Class 12 in commerce stream with Mathematics, his percentage will be 106% (3 commerce subjects with 4% extra weight each plus Maths)
HOW TO APPLY: STEP 1: GENERATE CHALLAN, PAY Rs 500 AT SBI
One has to fill an online “Application Form” and after taking a print of bank slip, Rs 500 fee has to be deposited at any SBI branch, after 24 hours of the generation of bank slip.
STEP 2 : SUBMIT FORM WITH VALIDATED CHALLAN BY JUNE 20
A printout of the application form generated on-line, attached with self-attested documents like Class-10 marksheet, date of birth certificate, 10+2 certificate and marksheet and 10+2 character certificate has to be sent either through registered or speed post to UBS, PU, or be submitted by hand at room number 5, UBS, by June 20.
The forms will be received on all days, including Saturdays and Sundays. The maximum number of seats (350) are at DAV College, Sector 10, and SD College, Sector 32. Three colleges have 280 seats — the Guru Gob ind Singh College for Women Sector 26; MCM DAV, Sector 36 and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Col lege, Sector 26. All other colleges have 140 seats each.
First Published: Jun 03, 2017 11:30 IST