Rajinikanth starrer Kabali enters Rs 200 crore club
Rajinikanth’s Kabali on Tuesday entered the Rs 200 crore club and successfully became the second film after Enthiran to achieve the rare feat in the superstar’s career.
“It’s the fastest south Indian film to rake in over Rs 200 crore at the box office worldwide in just five days. As on Tuesday, Kabali has grossed Rs 205 crore and this includes the three languages in which the film was released,” said trade analyst Trinath.
In India, in its opening weekend, the film minted over Rs 100 crore.
“In the domestic market, the film collected a whopping Rs 128 crore from the opening weekend. It’s the best ever opening for a south Indian film,” he said.
Directed by Pa Ranjith, Kabali narrates the story of a gangster’s shot at redemption and how he fights for equal pay rights for Tamils in Malaysia.
The Tamil film has been dubbed in other languages like Hindi, Telugu and Malay.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.