Shankar’s Enthiran sequel with Rajinikanth called 2.o
Tamil filmmaker Shankar’s next film with superstar Rajinikanth, supposedly a sequel to his highly successful Enthiran (Robot), is called 2.o. The film stars Akshay Kumar as the villain. The film, is being produced by Lyca Productions, which had earlier made the Vijay-starrer Kathhi by director AR Murugadoss.
“Lyca Productions next prestigious project with Superstar is titled 2.o,” a release here said. Amy Jackson, who had earlier featured in Shankar’s I, will pair opposite Rajnikanth. The shooting is already underway.
Interestingly, Lyca Productions, and Kathhi (2014) in particular, had earlier earned the ire of pro-Tamil groups who had claimed that the production house had links with relatives of then Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Meanwhile, Lyca Productions has contributed Rs 5 crore towards Tamil Nadu government’s flood relief activities, the release said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.